BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
UHC nursing graduates are known for their compassion and competent clinical skills.
Become one of the region’s top nurses
Our nursing program continues to be a leader in nursing excellence in the region with graduates earning high pass rates on the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses.
You’ll develop one-on-one bonds with nursing faculty who are active practitioners. They’ll impart firsthand nursing experience — from the latest in electronic charting to technological advances to the everyday realities you’ll experience in a clinical setting.
- BS in nursing
Explore our courses
Practice classroom knowledge in our life-like nursing lab. Care for patients in a New Orleans regional hospital. Once you dive into your nursing courses, you’ll see your confidence swell as you learn best practices — both in the classroom, in the nursing lab and in your various clinical rotations.
See courses >
GET INVOLVED ON CAMPUS
- Bond with your nursing faculty and peers at the Wednesday morning prayer service for nursing students.
- Network with student nurses through an active Student Nurses Association.
- Participate in community events which promote improved healthcare.
- Attend state and national SNA conventions to maximize networking opportunities.
WHERE SOME OF OUR GRADS WORK
- Children’s Hospital
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston
- Ochsner Health System
- Touro Infirmary
- Tulane Medical Center
- University Medical Center
- West Jefferson Medical Center
- And more
Best nursing school in Louisiana, RegisteredNursing.org (2020)
100% of UHC nursing grads passed the NCLEX-RN (2019)
Career up with an in-demand degree in nursing, and build the confidence to use your talents to serve others.
Choose a top-quality private university experience — without all the loans. Graduate with less debt than at any private university in the region.
A welcoming community
Join a campus community that feels like family. Our Catholic heritage welcomes all faiths and promotes the ideals of service to others.
You’ll never be treated like Student #47 in a mega-class of 200. You’ll build close bonds with classmates, faculty and staff that drive your career forward.