BACHELOR’S IN HEALTH SCIENCES
UHC grads are known for being caring practitioners who have the latest skills.
Learn from industry-connected professors
Our professors partner with local healthcare agencies to give you clinical experience, access to multiple health care environments and in-demand skills.
Choose from 13 health science options
Our range of pre-professional programs will get you ready for med school, vet school, pharmacy school and more. Specialized degrees in radiologic technology, neurodiagnostic technology and diagnostic medical sonography will launch you straight into healthcare careers.
Our program in neurodiagnostic technology was the first in the country to offer training for this career at the bachelor’s degree level. Technologists in this exciting field are in high demand.
Not sure which path suits you best? We’ll help match your talents and ambitions with the right career path.
- BS, AS Neurodiagnostic Technology
- BS, AS Radiologic Technology
- BS in Health Sciences, curriculum in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- BS in Health Sciences, tracks in pre-Public Health, pre-Occupational Therapy and pre-Audiology
- BS in Health Sciences – Bachelor’s completion degrees for working professionals in the fields of Electroencephalography, Medical Laboratory Technician, Radiologic Technology, or Respiratory Therapy/Cardiopulmonary Care Science
- B.S. in Biology Pre-Med track
- B.S. in Biology Pre-Physician Assistant track
- B.S. in Biology Pre-Dental track
- A.S. in Biology Pre-Dental Hygiene track
- B.S. in Biology Pre-Vet track
- B.S. in Biology Pre-Pharmacy track
- B.S. in Biology Pre-Physical Therapy Track
- MS Biomedical Sciences
Create medical images that help physicians diagnose disease or injury. Run tests such as EEGs, Nerve Conduction Studies and EKGs in hospitals and clinics. Perform virtual dissections on a 3-D image-guided surgical device. Once you dive into your major courses, you’ll see your confidence swell as you learn best practices — both in the classroom and from different health care teams on your clinical rotations.
Explore these courses and more:
Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Understand the structure of the human body — from its skeletal to muscular to nervous systems. Labs feature advanced, whole animal dissections that show you how body systems work.
Learn how to obtain digital images in preparation for an exciting career as a radiologic technologist.
Understand the underlying factors of managing critically ill patients — from EKG interpretation to arterial blood gas analysis to ventilator management.
JOIN OUR LIST OF SUCCESS STORIES
What will you do with a health sciences degree? You could:
- Create medical images that help physicians diagnose disease or injury.
- Conduct patient sleep studies as a neurodiagnostic technologist.
- Go to medical, pharmacy or veterinary school.
- Prepare for the national council licensing
exam in neurodiagnostic technology or radiologic technology.
WHERE OUR GRADS WORK
- Children’s Hospital
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston
- Ochsner Health System
- Touro Infirmary
- Tulane Medical Center
- University Medical Center
- West Jefferson Medical Center
- And more
Franz Espinoza is studying patients’ brain activity at Ochsner Medical Center to start his medical career as a neurodiagnostic technologist — one of the fastest-growing jobs in healthcare.
UHC’s B.S. in neurodiagnostic technology is one of only two programs nationwide
Average class size
Of UHC neurodiagnostic tech and radiologic tech grads passed licensing exams (2019)
Career up with an in-demand degree, and build the confidence to use your talents to serve others.
Choose a top-quality private university experience — without all the loans. Graduate with less debt than at any private college in the region.
A welcoming community
Join a campus community that feels like family. Our Catholic heritage welcomes all faiths and promotes the ideals of service to others.
You’ll never be treated like Student #47 in a mega-class of 200. You’ll build close bonds with classmates, faculty and staff that drive your career forward.
WATCH A VIDEO >